July 13-19: MEP Winter Break Week 2
As I alluded to in last week’s blog, Costa Rican students continued their 2-week “winter” break this week. Last week was spent at the beach, whereas this week I was entirely at site in the Valle Central. If this blog is on the shorter side, it’s because this week wasn’t too jampacked, and honestly, I was grateful for that. I mainly focused on relaxing and enjoying my final extended time off in Costa Rica while also preparing some documentation and other items for the final months of my service.
However, I didn’t use all of my time off simply sequestered in my house. Throughout the week I tried to go to the gym and run a bit more than the weeks prior. I also went into town a few times. On Thursday, I bussed into Desamparados to buy some shoes and to meet my girlfriend, Keily, for some pizza. On Saturday, Keily and I met up in San Jose to go to the independent theater, Cine Magaly, where we watched The Odyssey. It was incredible and absolutely lived up to the hype. Then, on Sunday, Keily and I watched the World Cup Final at her house between Spain and Argentina. Her family was rooting for Spain while I was in favor of Argentina, so they are the ones who are celebrating tonight. Tomorrow, I’ll be back in class, and my routine will fall back into place.


Comments
Post a Comment