Aug 17-23: One month out, but no slowing down
My Peace Corps service comes to a close one month from today, but I'm remaining busier than ever. This week, in particularly, I was equally involved at both institutions. At the colegio, on Monday, I was invited to attend a 10th grade executive customer service English class where students presented on etiquette in different professional settings. The students did a great job with their English and were super receptive to feedback from the local gringo. And then, on Wednesday, I hunkered down in the administrative area of the high school to finalize a bunch of documentation for students related to their community service projects so that they have everything they need ready to turn in once I live the country. One of my community service groups finalized their project, which was related to connecting with senior leaders in the community and subsequently making a physical presentation to display in the high school My other group, a running club, hosted a running club session Saturday morning. Most of my students, other than a handful, have completed their 30 community service hours required for graduation.
Meanwhile, at the escuela, it was more of the same. I facilitated PE classes with every group of students between 4th and 6th grade throughout the week for a total of 9 classes. On Thursday, I also hosted a session for my Amigos sin Fronteras International club. This week, students "traveled" to Europe, specifically the Alpine countries of France, Switzerland, and Italy. They played a game where they had to identify the European language and phrase as well as some trivia afterwards.
When I wasn't in class, I remained equally busy. On Thursday, I joined my girlfriend, Keily, at her grandma's house to celebrate the birthday of her sister. On Friday, I had to go into San Jose to the Peace Corps office to pick up some medicine. Saturday, after my run club, was spent finalizing a series of documents due to Peace Corps a month prior to the end of my service. And then, on Sunday, I went to Keily's house to have an early birthday celebration prior to my birthday on Monday.
.jpeg)

Comments
Post a Comment