Aug 3-Aug 9 Weekly Recap
The weeks are starting to fly by now as I close in on my final months of service, but I'm staying busy as ever. At the colegio, I helped out a couple of English classes this week alongside one of my counterparts. I'm not an English teacher, but it was fun to step in and help students with some conversation and pronunciation practice, particularly with words related to environmental issues. Meanwhile, at the escuela, I didn't have any youth clubs this weeks, I was singlehandedly focused on PE classes there. I stole an idea I'd seen at the high school earlier in the year in which students had a massive team-based rock, paper, scissors competition. Although they were hesistant to play it at first, they ended up having a blast.
Over the weekend, on Friday night, I went to my girlfriend Keily's house. We enjoyed a beautiful sunset and some orange chicken for dinner before she had to teach an online class. On Saturday morning, I hosted a community run club with my high school students. Later on Sunday, I went to the local movie theater in Desamparados to watch the new Spider-man movie. And then on Sunday, I returned to Keily's house, where we made some hash browns for her family (Peace Corps Goal #2 is sharing American culture with the host country) and also had a relaxing movie day.


Comments
Post a Comment